JBSR successfully completed an internal concrete repair and protection scheme of works to this sensitive and occupied community building.
Location: Chaucer Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LP
JBSR were appointed by Nottingham City Council to undertake the repair and protection to the filler joist construction ceiling of a large internal office area located within Nottingham Women’s Centre. The works location was of a sensitive nature requiring site escorts at all times, with planned loud work operation times to accommodate the buildings contact sessions and crisis helpline.
Through careful planning and continual liaison with the building occupiers JBSR successfully completed the following works:
- Demarcation of the works to all building occupiers
- Removal of all remaining fixtures and furnishings
- Protection of the exposed timber floors, light fittings, smoke detectors and remaining IT equipment
- Visual and hammer tap survey to identify defective concrete soffit and corroding in-situ steel filler joists
- Breaking out of all defective concrete to expose in-situ steel filler joists
- Preparation of in-situ steels back to clean bright steel (ST3 standard)
- Priming and subsequent repair utilising Sika Monotop repair system finished to match existing ceiling line and level
- Application of anti-carbonation protective coatings to entire ceiling area
- Full clean and decant of works area.