JBSR undertook waterproofing and decorative flooring works to the roof top garden areas at this medium rise private block of flats in East London
Location: New Wanstead, London, E11
JBSR efficient completed the two-stage refurbishment of the roof top areas at The Hollies, New Wanstead. Initially completing the waterproofing of the entire roof area to ensure the continued longevity of the structure before completing the second stage installation of the decorative promenade tile system.
JBSR successfully managed the difficult access issues with delivery of materials whilst ensuring the client remained full aware of the works progression.
The works scope for this project was:
- Strip up existing defective asphalt coverings utilising a combination of mechanical and hand tools
- Surface preparation utilising scablers to prepare concrete substrate for subsequent waterproof coatings
- Application of Sika Balcons waterproofing system to the entire roof area.
- Installation of raised access feet system overlaid with promenade tiles to entire roof area
- Installation of drainage channels to entrance areas to capture and re-direct rainwater from entering the building.
Following our successful completion of the above works, JBSR have now been invited to return to The Hollies to undertake the full external structural refurbishment of the block.
Project profile coming soon