Low and high level concrete repair and protection works utilsing specialist access equipment in-line with the universities strict access requirements
Location: Lensfield Road, Cambridge, CB2 1EW
JBSR were invited to tender these concrete repair and protection works directly by Cambridge University. At an early stage it was identified that specialist access equipment would be required acting not only as the most cost effective means of accessing the high level repair areas but also to enable us to meet with the tight deadlines imposed by the University.
Due to the continually occupied nature of the buildings and the sensitivity towards noise during teaching hours, it was agreed that JBSR would undertake the scheme of works over a number of weekends to enable the unhindered use of the building by students, lecturers and the like.
The scope of work on this project was:
- Segregation of works areas inclusive of safety zones to facilitate the use of MEWP's
- Provision of mobile elevated work platforms (MEWP's) of varying sizes for the duration of the works
- Hammer tap and visual survey to all concrete items
- Break out of defective concrete identified during the survey works
- Preparation and repair of all broken out areas of concrete to match existing lines and levels
- Application of protective coatings to all concrete elements