14-28 Allhallows, a 1960's concrete frame 3 storey flat roof commercial building with retail units at ground floor level located in Bedford town centre.
Location: 14-28 Allhallows, Bedford
14-28 Allhallows is a 1960's concrete frame, 3 storey, flat roof commercial building with retail units at ground floor level. The building had fallen into significant disrepair over a number of years, requiring essential external repairs and refubishment to all facades.
The scope of works was to undertake remedial concrete repairs, crack repairs and a blown section to the canopy. During the project additional electrical and lighting improvement works were also undertaken to improve the visual appearance of the retail frontage.
- Surface preparation: grit blasting
- Conditional survey to shop fronts/signage and canopy
- Scaffold access rather than fixed tied.
- Segregation of works areas
- Concrete testing - to canopy and surrounding concrete areas
- Concrete repair to all defective areas
- Waterproofing of canopy upperside
- Corrosion inhibitor
- Anti-carbonation coatings
- Smoothing coats
- Joint sealants
- Infill structural openings
- Drainage adaptions
- Lighting and electrical improvements